Terence is the Director of our US and International Tax practice. He is a successful business advisor with almost 30 years of experience dealing with multi-national accounting and taxation issues faced by individuals and corporations. Being a designated Chartered Professional Accountant (“CPA”) in Canada and a designated Certified Public Accountant in the US, allows Terence to provide advice and instruction on accounting and taxation related matters arising from both countries.
Prior to joining KRP in 2018, Terence was a partner with a Big-4 accounting firm for 16 years. Terence has also been an instructor for more than a decade for CPA Canada, CPA Alberta and CPA Manitoba providing him with invaluable experience in contributing to the growth of young professionals.
- Certified Public Account, Certified Public Accountants Society, Illinois - 2005
- Chartered Accountant, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta - 1991
- Bachelor of Commerce with Distinction, University of Alberta – 1989
- Bachelor of Science with Specialization, University of Alberta - 1987
Terence routinely providing advice to clients with respect to their international operations with specialization in the United States being the investment destination. He has a successful track record of interacting with the Canadian and US taxation authorities over various client matters and has participated in the successful planning and implementation of multiple significant merger and acquisition transactions as well as the planning and implementation of international tax minimization projects.
Selected Teaching Experience:
- Currently an Instructor of the University of Alberta Corporate Tax Course
- Instructor for the Canadian In-depth Tax Program for 8 years
- Currently a Professional Development Content Advisor for CPA Canada
- Currently an instructor for CPA Alberta for their Taxation of US Citizen Living Abroad, US Real Estate Personal Investment and US Taxation of Individuals courses
- Instruct various US tax related courses for CPAs across Canada.
- Received CPA Alberta Distinguished Service Award for his teaching service.
Professional and Community Activities:
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Canada
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta
- Member, Certified Public Accountants Society (Illinois)