Kambez Niaz, CPA, CA, CFPAssurance & Advisory Services
Kambez joined Kingston Ross Pasnak in 2012. Shortly after achieving his Chartered Accountant (CA) designation in 2015, he was promoted to Manager, Assurance and Advisory Services. His background and experience ranges from working with small business clients and not-for-profit organizations to public corporations.
Kambez was seconded to New York to work for our DFK affiliate, Liggett & Webb P.A. where he obtained valuable experience working on public entities reporting under IFRS and US GAAP.
In 2017, Kambez obtained the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. The designation strengthens his ability to confidently provide financial planning services for clients, while adhering to the highest standards of competence, ethical behavior, and professionalism.
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta - 2012
- Chartered Accountant, Alberta - 2015
- Chartered Professional Accountant - 2015
- Certified Financial Planner - 2017
- Numerous professional development courses through Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta (formerly ICAA) and Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (formerly CICA)
- Manages engagements ranging from compilations and reviews to large scale audits.
- Leads a team of professionals to ensure the job is completed in a timely manner.
- Provides both personal and corporate tax services to clients.
- Acts as mentor and coach for both new and existing staff members within the firm.
- Reviews file work, financial information, tax returns, disclosures and various correspondence.
- Assesses effectiveness of internal controls and provides recommendations for specific operations.
Interest and Community Activities:
Kambez has a keen interest in small business entrepreneurship. Specifically, he enjoys helping and supporting innovation and development of small business start-up companies and entrepreneurs through sound advice and financial information.
Additionally, Kambez is passionate about health and fitness. He received his Certified Fitness Trainer certification in 2016 from the International Sports and Sciences Association.
Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (formerly CICA)
Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta (formerly ICAA)
Member, Financial Planning Standards Council