Robert M. Heron, FCPA, FCA, CFP, ICD.DAssurance & Advisory Services
Rob Heron joined Kingston Ross Pasnak in 1993. He currently manages many of the firms larger clients and has significant experience with businesses in the manufacturing, construction and oil and gas services industries. In addition to an extensive audit and assurance background, he offers financial, business and tax advice that is clear, concise and important to owner-managed businesses.
In 1995, he moved into the corporate tax group and completed the two-year tax specialization program. During his five years in tax, he developed areas of specialization that included corporate reorganizations, general estate planning for owner/managers and basic tax research. While in the tax group, he maintained a base of clients, providing these companies with both assurance and taxation services.
Rob works alongside many organizations as a key and trusted advisor. He has significant experience in leadership transition & business succession, changes (upwards & downwards) in the financial capacity of organizations, negotiation of key transactions and new financing alternatives.
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta – 1993
- Chartered Accountant, Alberta - 1996
- In Depth Tax Specialization - 1997
- Certified Financial Planner - 2003
- ICD-Rotman, Directors Education Program - 2017
- Numerous professional development courses through the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Audit related experience with organizations with the following unique requirements:
- Publicly traded companies
- Large companies in the manufacturing industry
- Not-for-Profit Housing
- Construction and Project Management companies
- Oil and gas service companies
Non-audit experience to provide services that include:
- Corporate Reorganizations
- Estate Planning for Owner/Managers
- Corporate finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Key Employee Participation
Professional and Community Activities:
- Director, ONEC Construction Group (2017 - Present)
- Past-Director and Officer, Edmonton Elks Football Club Board (2015 - 2021)
- Past-Chair and Director, Capital Regional Housing Corporation (2009 - 2017)
- Past-Chairman and Life Trustee, Sturgeon Community Hospital Foundation
- Past-Director and Officer, Kids Kottage
- Past-President, St. Albert Progressive Conservative Board
- Member, Institute of Corporate Directors, ICD.D
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (formerly CICA)