Mathew Desilets is a Principal with Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP, Chartered Professional Accountants and practices in the taxation area with a focus on international taxation matters. Mathew has extensive experience in international taxation matters, particularly in Canada - U.S. taxation. He has assisted a large variety of Canadian and U.S. businesses with designing and implementation of cross-border structures. Mathew and his group also provide advisory and compliance assistance to individuals with U.S. and other cross-border tax concerns.
- CPA Canada In-depth International Tax Program - 2016
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants In-Depth Tax Program, Years 1, 2, 3
- Member, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants – 2012
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta - 2012
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta - 2008
Mathew has been practicing with Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP since 2009 and is now a Principal with the taxation group. Mathew presents tax issues to in-house staff on a monthly basis.
Selected Tax Experience:
- Assisting U.S. citizen taxpayers in completing their U.S. and Canadian personal tax compliance.
- Assisting Canadians that are departing the country with their tax filing obligations and tax planning.
- Assisting non-residents with their Canadian tax filing requirements.
- Assisting Canadian corporations in meeting their U.S. tax filing requirements.
- Analyzing cross border operations to determine Canadian and U.S. tax compliance requirements.
- U.S. Estate taxation planning for high net worth individuals.
- Assists international corporations looking to expand their business operations to Canada.
- Assists Canadian corporations looking to expand their business operations to the U.S. or internationally.
- Extensive Canadian taxation experience on a range of domestic Canadian tax matters including personal taxation, corporate reorganizations, corporate taxation and trusts and estates.
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (formerly CICA)
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta (formerly ICAA)