Arun Jiwa, CPA, CATaxation
Arun began his career in public practice in January 2011. He achieved the designation of Chartered Accountant in 2014, and has practiced exclusively in the area of taxation since 2016. Arun has been with Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP from 2017, as was promoted to the Manager role with the Taxation Group in July 2018.
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta - 2010
- Chartered Accountant, Alberta - 2014
- Chartered Professional Accountant - 2016
- CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Program - ongoing
Arun has worked with clients in the following areas:
- Corporate restructuring projects to achieve creditor protection, estate planning, succession planning, and business purchase/sale objectives.
- Preparation and review of tax filing compliance for individuals, corporations, trusts, and partnerships.
- Tax planning to utilize tax deferral opportunities for individuals and corporate groups.
- Collaborate with clients’ legal counsel to review legal documentation and ensure clients’ tax planning goals are met.
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (formerly CICA)
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta (formerly ICAA)
- Former Treasurer, Ballet Edmonton (formerly Citie Ballet) January 2017 - September 2018
- Volunteer, Community Volunteer Income Tax Program