Alan Aburto, CPAAssurance & Advisory Services
Alan joined Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP in 2014. He earned his CPA designation in 2017 and was promoted to Manager in the area of Assurance and Advisory Services in 2018. Alan works with clients in the not-for-profit sector, private for-profit businesses, public sector entities, owner-managed businesses and First Nations, providing audit, taxation, and business advisory services.
In addition, Alan is heavily involved in the training department of the firm and is an Online Facilitator for the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP).
- Bachelor of Science – Specialization in Psychology, University of Alberta - 2009
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta - 2014
- Chartered Professional Accountant – 2017
- Numerous professional development courses through Chartered Professional Accountants of Alberta (formerly ICAA) and Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (formerly CICA)
- Manages engagements ranging from compilations and reviews to large-scale audits.
- Provides both corporate and personal tax services to clients.
- Acts as mentor for both new and existing staff members within the firm and the CPA PEP program.
- Reviews file work, financial information, tax returns, disclosures and various correspondence.
- Extensive experience working with First Nations, Public Sector Accounting Standards (PSAS) and Not-for-Profit Organizations (ASNPO).
- Familiarity with the International Financial Reporting Standards.Instructor for the staff accountant group with regard to all levels of training.
- Online Facilitator for the CPA Professional Education Program (PEP).
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (formerly CICA)
- Member, Chartered Professional Accounts Alberta (ICAA)