Natalia Turcan, CPA, CAAssurance & Advisory Services
Natalia is a Manager in the Accounting and Assurance department and focuses mainly on audits and review engagements. She has significant experience working with both not-for-profit and for-profit clients in various industries. Natalia also performs quality assurance reviews and is heavily involved in the training department of the firm.
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta - 2010
- Chartered Accountant Designation - 2014
- Professional development furthered through seminars and courses
- Works with many of the firm’s larger audit clients with responsibilities including: planning the work to be performed; supervising staff and reviewing their work; and, reviewing financial statements.
- Manages work on audits of large and small, not-for-profit and for-profit organizations ensuring compliance with regulatory agreements for not-for-profit organizations and communicating and resolving issues with partners, managers and clients.
- Prepares financial forecasts for long term financial plans and assists in obtaining financing.
- Reviews financial statements and engagement files for compliance with accounting and assurance standards.
- Instructor for the staff accountant group with regard to all levels of training, such as preparing compilation and review engagements, audit junior and audit senior training.
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (formerly CICA)
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta (formerly ICAA)
- Treasury, Humane Animal Rescue Team