Mathew Desilets is a Principal with Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP, Chartered Professional Accountants and practices in the taxation area. He assists the firm with all matters of taxation and has worked on trust and estate filings, restructuring, business sale and purchase transactions, corporate reorganizations, and corporate and personal income tax issues.
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants In-Depth Tax Program, Years 1, 2, 3
- Member, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants – 2012
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta - 2012
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta - 2008
Mathew has been practicing with Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP since 2009 and is a Principal with the taxation group. Mathew presents tax issues to in-house staff on a monthly basis.
Selected Tax Experience:
- Performs various tax planning strategies for owner managed businesses including implementing estate freezes, family trusts, creditor protection and corporate reorganizations to transfer growth to future generations.
- Prepares and reviews compliance filings for individuals, corporations, trusts and partnerships.
- Provides tax consulting in relation to sale transactions to reduce and defer taxes on sale.
- Analyzes unique transactions including the sale of carbon credits and expropriated land to determine the most appropriate treatment for tax purposes.
- Works with legal counsel to review trust deeds and Wills during drafting stages to ensure clients’ goals are achieved and desired tax objectives are met.
- Represents taxpayers to Canada Revenue Agency during audits and appeals.
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (formerly CICA)
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta (formerly ICAA)