Justin Lamb, CPA, CA, CBV, BComBusiness Valuations & Financial Litigation Support
Justin is a Manager with Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP and practices in the areas of financial litigation support, business valuations, forensic accounting, and general accounting services. As part of the Litigation Support Group, Justin assists in the quantification of damages, performing business valuations, due diligence, and forensic accounting assignments.
In addition, he has extensive experience assisting clients in a wide range of accounting, corporate tax, and personal tax matters; ensuring clients receive the best advice to suit their needs and circumstances.
- Member, Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators, 2018
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Canada, 2013
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta, 2013
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta, 2010
- Justin has been with Kingston Ross Pasnak since 2010, originally working in our assurance and advisory services practice. For the last four years, Justin has worked directly with Mr. Randy G. Popik in the provision of business valuation and litigation support services.
- Selected Business Valuation Experience:
- Valuation of numerous companies, in particular oilfield servicing companies, for purposes of taxation planning and “Estate Freeze” transactions, potential acquisition, potential divesture, succession planning, and advisory services related to the structure, terms, and corresponding estimated after-tax proceeds to vending shareholder(s).
- Valuation of a large group of agricultural fertilizer distribution plants.
- Valuation of a lumber mill with operations in both Alberta and British Columbia to assist with a shareholder dispute.
- Valuation of a medical cannabis company in process of receiving Health Canada Approval.
- Valuation of a heli-skiing and hospitality company operating in British Columbia.
- Valuation of a large heavy equipment construction company to assist with succession planning and a possible management buy-in.
- Valuation, advisory and due diligence services to advise clients on the potential acquisition of a subject company.
Selected Litigation Support, Advisory and Forensic Review Experience:
- Numerous quantification of economic damages involving personal injury, and fatality actions in litigation.
- Preparation of numerous guideline income reports for child support and spousal support purposes pursuant to matrimonial dissolution.
- Quantification of equalization payments pursuant to matrimonial dissolution.
- Assisted in the quantification of a business interruption loss claim due to the 2016 Fort McMurray wildfires.
- Assisted in the quantification of economic damages of multiple companies due to expropriation.
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (formerly CICA)
- Member, Canadian institute of Chartered Business Valuators