Harold M. Kingston, BCom, FCPA, FCAAssurance & Advisory Services
Mr. Kingston joined Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP in 1978 and became a partner in 1979. Harold has over 35 years of public practice experience including financial, estate and strategic planning to Edmonton based entrepreneurs.
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta – 1973
- Chartered Accountant, Alberta – 1975
- Numerous professional development courses through the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants.
- Alberta Real Estate Association - 2002
Mr. Kingston has participated extensively in the process of building the accountancy practice from its inception to it present position as the largest independent firm in Alberta. He has extensive audit experience, including management of some of the firm’s largest audit engagements, and has developed expertise in the area of acquisitions and mergers as well as the process of taking companies public. Harold has in-depth experience in governance and strategic planning, particularly with respect to matters concerning non-profit organizations. Harold has also expanded his knowledge base to include information technology matters, business mergers and acquisitions and is a licensed real estate broker.
Current Professional and Community Activities:
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta (ICAA)
- Member, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accounts (CICA)
- Board Member and Finance Chair, Northlands Park
- Governor, MacEwan Community College
- Chair, Finance & Audit Committee, MacEwan Community College
- Board Member and Treasurer, Okanagan Ponderosa Resorts Ltd
- Chairman of Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation – National Board
- Chairman of Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation – Alberta/NWT Chapter
- Chairman of Alberta Diabetes Foundation
- Board Member of W.I.N.G.S. of Providence
- Member & Chairman, Professional Conduct and Discipline, ICAA
- Member, F.C.A. Selection Committee. ICAA
- Member Joint Standards Directorate, ICAA
- Board Member and Treasurer, Citadel Theatre
- Board Member and Treasurer, Alberta Ballet Association
- Board Member &Treasurer, Edmonton Opera Association