Dale Hawn, CPA, CATaxation
Dale Hawn is a Manager with Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP, Chartered Professional Accountants and practices in the Taxation area. He assists the firm with all matters of taxation and has worked on, restructuring, business sale and purchase transactions, corporate reorganizations, and corporate and personal income tax issues.
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants In-Depth Tax Program, Years 1, 2, 3
- Member of Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (formerly CICA)
- Member of Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta (formerly ICAA)
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta
Dale has been practicing with Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP since 2016 and is a Manager with the Taxation group.
He started his career as an auditor for the Canada Revenue Agency. Following this he spent a number of years with an international accounting firm practicing tax before leaving to accept a contract position with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta (ICAA). The contract was to design and implement the Chartered Accountant’s Member Assistance program. This program was designed to enhance the mental and physical health of members of the profession through professional and peer support.
Dale has been a member of the faculty of the in-depth tax program on ten occasions, tutoring for both levels 1 and 2. He has been an instructor at NAIT and has presented many courses offered by the ICAA.
Select Tax Experience:
- Performs various tax planning strategies for owner managed businesses including implementing estate freezes, family trusts, creditor protection and corporate reorganizations to transfer growth to future generations.
- Prepares and reviews compliance filings for individuals, corporations, trusts and partnerships.
- Provides tax consulting in relation to sale transactions to reduce and defer taxes on sale.
- Works with legal counsel to review trust deeds and wills during drafting stages to ensure clients’ goals are achieved and desired tax objectives are met.
- Represents taxpayers to Canada Revenue Agency during audits and appeals.
- Past director for the MLA in his constituency
- Volunteer for E4C