Christie Hoem-McNall, CPA, CATaxation
Christie Hoem-McNall joined Kingston Ross Pasnak LLP in 2014 after leaving a big four accounting firm to pursue her passion for income tax. After obtaining her Chartered Accountant designation in 2014, she worked her way up through Senior and Supervisor to Manager in the Taxation group where her primary focus has been tax compliance and planning engagements. As part of the Taxation group she assists the firm with all matters of income tax and has worked on trust and estate filings, restructuring, non-profit entities and partnership compliance, business sale and purchase transactions, and corporate and personal income tax and planning issues.
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants In-Depth Tax Program – currently enrolled in Year II
- Member, Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants – 2014
- Member, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Alberta – 2014
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Alberta - 2011
- Prepares and reviews compliance filings for individuals, corporations, trusts, partnerships and non-profit entities.
- Tax and succession planning for owner-managed businesses through the implementation of estate freezes, family trusts, and corporate reorganizations. Plans may allow for income splitting amongst various family members, creditor protection and allow future business growth to accrue to the next generation.
- Postmortem tax planning to minimize taxes for estates and their beneficiaries.
- Works with legal counsel to review trust deeds and wills, and shareholder and director agreements during drafting stages to ensure tax-objectives are met.
- Successfully assist taxpayers in preparation and submission of overdue tax filings under the Canada Revenue Agency’s Voluntary Disclosures Program avoiding significant late filing and failure to comply penalties.
- Liaison for taxpayers with Canada Revenue Agency for all income tax matters including during audits and appeals, the preparation of Notices of Objection, and interest and penalty relief.
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Canada (formerly CICA), Personal Income Tax Clinic Volunteer since 2014
- Member, Chartered Professional Accountants Alberta (formerly ICAA)
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation